One of the best breakfast recipe since my childhood..i prefer my paratha to be cooked in desi ghee (Clarified butter) punjabi style but you can use any oil or butter.
For paratha you need dough that is also very easy to make you need aata (flour) and water, knead for 2-3 minutes and done.
Aloo Paratha RecipeIngredients
- Potato mashed 2 medium size
- cumin powder 1 tsp
- mango powder 1/4 tsp
- coriander (cilantro) fresh chopped
- chopped onion 1 small
- green chili 1
- ajwain carom seeds 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- turmeric optional
- oil 1 tsp
- Wheat flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- First add flour, in a bowl, now gradually add water and mix with your hands. Add little more water knead until its smooth, for about 2-3 minutes. once its together apply little oil. keep it on side for 10 minutes.
- Add oil in pan and fry onions 2 - 3 minutes add all spices then add potato and cook 2 minutes. Add chopped cilantro. keep aside let it cool.
- Make small balls out of the dough, take one ball roll it into approx. 4" diameter circle. place 1/4 cup potato filling in that and gather the edges of dough and pinch it in center to close.
- Dust in flour and flatten with hands, use a rolling pin to roll it out. don't press too hard otherwise filling can come out.
- Heat an oiled girdle on medium heat. place one paratha, cook for about 1 minute. then using spatula see if it is done from other side (brown spots) then flip over. Apply little oil. cook from other side. for about same time.
- When both sides done it is ready place in plate and serve with yogurt, butter or any gravy dish.