Arancini are stuffed rice balls that is filled with mozzarella, Ragu (meat based sauce) and peas very Soft from inside and outside is crispy. Arancini is Italian street food which is originated in Sicily.
This recipe is a variation of classic Arancini. Classic recipe uses Arborio Rice which is a variety of short-grain glutinous rice. But in preparing rice balls i used jasmine rice which is less sticky than Arborio rice, Parmesan cheese and some basil. And because this recipe is vegetarian so in filling i used mozzarella cheese and coated with Italian seasoning bread crumbs. And then fry !
So let's make this yummy recipe!!
Arancini (Rice Balls) With Marinara Sauce
Servings - 6 piece
- Cooked Rice - 1 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup
- Mozzarella cheese (for filling) - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Dried basil - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper crushed- 1/2 tsp
- Oil to fry
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Take rice in a deep bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, dried basil, garlic powder, black pepper. Mix it well.
- Apply oil on hands take a spoonful of mixture and flatten it out. Now make a small indentation in the center by pressing on it with your thumb. Fill this with Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover it with more rice and lightly press. Make round balls with rest of rice.
- Now mix all purpose flour and water and add little bit salt in this.
- Coat each ball with this mixture.
- Coat with bread crumbs after that.
- Now take some oil in a pan. Heat on low heat.
- Add balls one by one and fry till golden brown.
- Take out and serve with Marinara sauce.
- Adjust salt quantity according to taste.