There is something about the rich creamy melt in mouth texture of butter that is so good you can never say no. Back in India we were rarely using store bought butter, mom use to make butter at home with collected malai (cream on top of boiled milk). As soon as I came here I started searching for alternate of malai then I found this heavy whipping cream since then I am making butter at home. My son he enjoys eating butter.
Today I am sharing this recipe with you.
Homemade Butter Recipe
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
- Heavy whipping Cream - 1 pint
- Salt (optional)
- Pour cream into a jar of mixer grinder or hand blender, whip on low setting for about 10 minutes stopping in between.
- When you see water is separating from butter it will have crumbly texture, then its ready press butter and strain off the liquid.
- Wash butter with fresh water so that no buttermilk is left, otherwise it won't stay for longer time.
- Store in air tight container in fridge.
- Reserve the separated buttermilk for baking cookies or knead chapati dough.
- Add salt if you want to make salty butter.