I made Yam so many times in different ways But never tried candied Yam until i went to India last year at my mother's place. It was our flight back to US and i went to meet her and she offered candied Yam and i instantly asked her what is recipe?
This recipe i tried making in her way and it came out pretty well. Even my toddler liked it. Cut yams in rounds boil with sugar and little water add cardamom and done.
Let's get started.
Candied Yam Dessert Recipe
Serving - 2
- Yam peeled and diced - 2
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Clarified butter - 1/2 tsp
- Add all of above ingredients in a heated pan on medium high heat. Let this come to boil.
- Lower the heat cover and cook for 10 mins.
- After 10 minutes remove the lid and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes and done.