Chena Murki | Indian Sweet
Chena Murki is bengali sweet made with paneer cubes that are sugar coated. A very popular and my all time favorite sweet.
Preparation for this sweet is less time consuming and even easy if you already have cottage cheese prepared. If not then prepare paneer(Cottage cheese) first then make Chena Murki.
It is very quick easy and delicious sweet. A must try!!
Chena Murki Recipe (Cottage Cheese Candy)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 125 gm cut into small cubes
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Water - 1/3 cup
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Kewra Essence - 2 to 3 drops
- Cardamom Powder - a pinch
- First cut paneer into small cubes about 1/2 inch thick.
- For sugar syrup first add sugar and water in a heated pan on medium heat and bring it to boil, Reduce the heat to low and keep boiling till 1 string consistency.
- Now add milk and cardamom powder stir and boil till little thick.
- Add paneer cubes and keep mixing gently till all the syrup coats cubes well.
- Add kewra essence and mix.
- Switch off gas and keep stirring till sugar syrup is dried.
- let it cool and serve.