Bananas are one thing that do wonders in baking recipes. I personally like using banana in cake recipes, one reason is my toddler he loves banana and second, i do not use egg in my recipes.
So initially when i started baking i was looking for some substitute for egg. what better and healthy option than adding banana! Yes i know....we can not add banana for a vanilla cake even i have a solution for that too i use yogurt sometimes.
This Eggless Banana Bread has been family's favorite. I bake this banana bread more often one thing, It serves as healthy and quick breakfast which you can make in advance and i pack it for my toddler's snack. Whenever i make butter i save buttermilk for this recipe, So basically i add buttermilk but in this recipe i used milk and vinegar which when mixed is nothing but buttermilk. It makes bread soft.
I have used vegetable oil in this but you can add butter in place of oil.
When in hurry eat this in breakfast.
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - 1 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
- Walnuts - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup
- Bananas - 2 mashed
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 c/350 f.
- Brush some oil in 10 x 5 inch loaf tin. Sprinkle some flour evenly and tap off extra. keep it aside.
- Now in a bowl add milk and vinegar keep aside for 3 minutes
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon add sugar and give a quick mix.
- Take mashed bananas in a bowl add oil, vanilla essence, milk and vinegar mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and using spatula mix it gently with folding action. Do not over mix
- When mixed pour the batter in to the loaf tin and tap lightly so that air bubbles are removed. Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Place tin in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or till toothpick inserted comes out clean and top is brown. But keep checking after 30 mins.
- When ready take out the tin from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes and dmold it and cool on cooling rack.
- When on room temperature cut into slices and enjoy.