This is very easy and quick to cook recipe. Dry Sauted Potato and Carrot with green peas and a few of spices are added to enhance the flavor of the dish.
This is another recipe my mom used to cook in winters because of red carrots were only available in winters in India. Serve with Roti or paratha, can be accompanied yogurt.
Let's get started.
Gajar Aloo Matar (Green peas,Carrot and Potato) Recipe
- Gajar (Carrot) Chopped - 2 cups
- Potato diced - 1 cup
- Green Peas (frozen) - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Hing (Asafoetida) - a pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger chopped - 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Salt To Taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot add Hing, cumin seeds and saute them.
- Add Ginger cook till raw smell goes away.
- Add Salt, red chili powder, Turmeric powder and Saute.
- Now add Carrot and Potato Saute for a minutre. (If using fresh Peas then add this time and cook).
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
- Once done remove the lid and add peas and garam masala, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves (cilantro).