In India Gobhi is available only in winter times. But here in United States this is easly available all year around. Back in India we were waiting for winters to eat this Gobhi ki Bhurji and cauliflower pickle too that my mother used to make.
Gobhi Bhurji is very quick and easy to cook, can be served as side dish. In this recipe fine chopped cauliflower is cooked with some peas and spices.
Gobhi Keema (Gobhi ki Bhurji) Cauliflower With Green Peas Recipe
- Gobhi (Cauliflower) Grated - 2 cups
- Green Peas (Matar) - 1/4 cup
- Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/8 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger and Garlic Chopped - 1 tbsp
- Onions Chopped - 3/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- First cut and wash gobhi and grate it into fine pieces, keep it aside for later use.
- Start with adding 2 tbsp oil in a heated pan.
- Once oil is hot add hing, then add cumin seeds let them crackle.
- Now add chopped ginger and garlic saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Once onions are done add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala. Mix and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add green peas in masala and cook till green peas is soft. i used frozen one so it takes less time.
- Add grated cauliflower(Gobhi) and stir fry 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add salt and mango powder(Amchoor) in gobi mix well. cover and cook for 5 minutes or till Gobi is tender but not mushy.
- Remove cover garnish with cilantro and serve with chapati or paratha.