Mac and cheese as the name suggest it has macaroni and cheese. All kids like mac and cheese so do my toddler but a few of them don't like to eat vegetables I did a little variation in old style mac and cheese and tried to cook a little healthy version with added vegetables and using whole wheat macaroni. This recipe has pureed vegetables and cheddar cheese.
let's go through the ingredients.
Mac and Cheese Recipe
Serving - 3
- Macaroni - 1/2 cup
- Carrot - 1 diced
- Cauliflower - 5-6 florets
- Garlic minced- 1 clove
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour - 1 tbsp
- Water to boil - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- First boil macaroni in water with salt and 1/2 tsp oil.
- Cook carrot and cauliflower in water for 2 whistles.
- Once room temperature grind to puree.
- Check using a fork if macaroni is done, if done Strain off the water.
- Start working with the sauce, add oil in a pan once hot add minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add wheat flour and saute till little bit brown.
- Then add milk as soon as milk is added it will start getting thick.
- Add vegetable puree mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add macaroni mix well.
- Now add cheddar cheese salt and black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- And ready to serve.