Fresh homemade jam taste great, but it tastes more if there is no pectin and preservatives. And in freshly made jam you can adjust sugar quantity according to your liking. I make jams at home Blueberry, Strawberry and more.
Pineapple jam i wanted to do from very long time. So finally did when my husband bought whole pineapple and and first thing came to my mind let's make jam. Tried and tested recipe with great taste. You just need three ingredients pineapple, sugar and lemon juice
Homemade jams can stay longer if cooked and stored properly, Just be careful when scoop out Never use wet spoon it can spoil all the hard work. I don't make big batches just one or two jars and these lasts in fridge for more than a month.
Homemade Pineapple Jam Recipe
- Pineapple chopped in medium pieces - 450 gms about 1 pound
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
- First peel and core pineapple and chop.
- In a grinder jar grind pineapple until puree.
- Add this puree into a preheated pan.
- Add sugar mix well and simmer. At first there will be foam on top but that is completely ok,
- Keep stirring till you see puree is turning thick.
- Once it is thick check consistency by dropping with spatula if looks runny simmer again.
- Once done add lemon juice and stir for 2-3 minutes
- Pour this jam in cleaned jar once reaches to room temperature.