Malpua is a sweet made with khoya and dipped in sugar syrup. It is made during festival time. Every region in Indian has different style of making malpua. Some make flat pancake type Some make little bit fluffy Like pakora.
Traditionally Malpua's are made with khoya, flour and fermented. But this recipe is Quick version so i skipped adding khoya and made with maida and sooji. Taste even better when served with rabri.
Instant Malpua Recipe
Servings - 10 to 12
Ingredients for Malpua Batter
- Maida (All purpose flour) - 1 cup
- Sooji (Semolina) - 1/2 cup
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Dahi (Yogurt) - 1/3 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
Ingredients for Sugar Syrup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Add All ingredients for malpua batter in a bowl except baking soda mix well so that there are no lumps. Add water as needed to make a pouring consistency.
- Keep mixture aside for 30 minutes.
- Prepare sugar syrup till batter is resting. Add Sugar and water in a heated pan, boil on low to medium heat stirring occasionally, It takes about 10-12 minutes to form one string consistency.
- Check syrup consistency by taking little bit of syrup with spatula. Allow to cool and then rub between your thumb and index finger and pull apart gently, if it forms a single thread than it is done. Keep it aside.
- After resting, batter will be little bit thick. Add more water as required to form pancake like batter.
- Add baking soda and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat pour ladle full of batter. let it spread on it's own. When it is golden brown from edges than turn and cook from other side.
- When all malpua's are done Add in prepared sugar syrup and let it sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain out syrup and take out in serving plate and serve warm.