Herbed Paneer/Cottage Cheese
Paneer is indian cottage cheese which is prepared by boiling milk after that lemon juice is added, as soon as lemon juice is added fat seperates from whey and that fat is paneer.
This recipe is all about how to make herbed paneer so while boiling you need to add some herbd and spices.
i added spices like cumin powder, black pepper, chaat masala and cilantro. Add all spices just before milk start to boil so that all the flavors comes in curdled milk.
This herbed paneer i tried a few years back in my home town Ambala. They make very delicious and different kind of flavors with paneer.
It can be served as appetizer or add in curry to add more flavors, can be stir fried or add in your favorite salad. Try this mouthwatering paneer recipe. Let's go through ingredients.
Masala Paneer ( Herbed/Spiced Paneer) Recipe
- Whole milk - 1 liter
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro as required
- Add milk in heavy bottom pan and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Once it starts to boil add all spices and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Milk will curdle and whey will start separating from paneer.
- Switch off the gas take a muslin cloth and place colander and a bowl underneath.
- Now strain and collect the muslin cloth from edges.
- Squeeze excess water from paneer.
- Place some heavy weight on top to ensure all moisture is squeezed out.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- Use Whole Milk for Best results.
- Add more lemon if needed.
- Add spices of your choices.