kheer | Rice Pudding| Indian SweetKheer is one dessert that is every body's favorite. Very flavorful rich creamy texture that has Rice, milk, nuts and different flavors. It is made with boiling rice in milk and served as dessert after meals.
This recipe is the quick version of authentic kheer. I made this recipe using leftover plain rice. In authentic recipe rice is boiled in milk till the milk and rice turns thick and creamy.
but in this recipe i have used leftover boiled rice.
Rice Kheer Recipe With Cooked Rice
- Rice - 1 cup
- Milk - 5 cups
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron Soaked in milk - 8 to 10 strands
- Almonds Blanched and cut - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 10 to 12
- Pistachios For Garnishing
- Add milk in heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
- Add boiled rice in milk, If not using boiled rice then first boil. Mix well
- Bring it to boil, keep stirring.
- When milk and rice has come to boil add sugar, almonds, cardamom powder and raisins.
- Reduce heat low to medium and cook till it is thick and keep stirring, and scraping the sides. This will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Once it is thick ladle into serving bowl and garnish with pistachios.