I made this recipe using leftover plain rice. A little quick recipe for delicious dessert after meals.
Rice Kheer Recipe With Cooked Rice
- Rice - 1 cup
- Milk - 5 cups
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron Soaked in milk - 8 to 10 strands
- Almonds Blanched and cut - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 10 to 12
- Pistachios For Garnishing
- Add milk in heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
- Add boiled rice in milk, If not using boiled rice then first boil. Mix well
- Bring it to boil, keep stirring.
- When milk and rice has come to boil add sugar, almonds, cardamom powder and raisins.
- Reduce heat low to medium and cook till it is thick and keep stirring, and scraping the sides. This will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Once it is thick ladle into serving bowl and garnish with pistachios.