Every time in navratri i make Aloo sabzi with kuttu ki puri but this time i thought of making something different. I curdeled milk and made paneer then thought of making shahi paneer.
This shahi paneer is very quick like you can make this recipe in under 10 minutes if ingredients are ready.
It is really challenging to cook in navratri because of less spices are used and No Onion, Garlic. Still i managed to make it a yummy dish. Main ingredient for this recipe is tomato puree, paneer and milk cream. i used homemade paneer. For tomato puree i first grind the tomatoes and then did microwave for 2 minutes on high.
I added red chili and coriander powder, as in our home we use these but some people don't use. So if you want you can skip these and i used sendha namak ( Rock salt) as that is used instead of regular salt. Check this link for Navratri Rules and Vidhi
Shahi Paneer (Navratri Recipe)
- Paneer cut in to pieces - 125 gms
- Tomato Puree - 3/4 cup
- Milk Cream - 1/4 cup
- Sendha Namak (Rock Salt) - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
- Green Chili - 1 cut
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) for garnishing
- First add butter in a heated pan,
- Once butter starts melting add ginger paste and cook till raw smell goes away.
- Now add green chili and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add tomato puree, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove lid and add chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, sendha namak and sugar. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add paneer, cream. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid garnish with cilantro and serve with kuttu ki poori.
Link For Navratri Recipes: