This instant suji uttapam is quick and easy breakfast, do not require any grinding or fermentation for long time. I make it more often. My toddler likes it so much that i pack for his lunch. This can be a great lunch for kids.
For this you need fine rava (suji), water, yogurt and vegetables. I used vegetables like onion, bell pepper and tomato. Not any requirement of any kind of leavening agent.
Suji Uttapam Recipe
- Suji (Semolina) - 3/4 cup
- Dahi (Yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Onion Chopped - 1 small
- Bell Pepper cut into pieces - 1 small
- Tomato Chopped - 1 small
- Green Chili - 1 small
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) - 1/4 cup
- Add Suji, Dahi, salt, garam masala and water in a large bowl. Mix it well so that it forms thick yet runny consistency.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetables and add in a bowl with coriander and green chili.
- Heat a pan, spread some oil and pour ladle full of batter and cook on low to medium heat till brown in color.
- Turn and sprinkle some water, cover and cook till it is brown on the other side (water to make uttapam soft).
- Remove the lid flip and cook for 10 seconds.
- Serve with chutney.