This recipe is traditional way of making dahi at home. Yogurt has many health and beauty benefits. In indian kitchens it is prepared at home everyday. i prepare many dishes using yogurt.
Homemade yogurt is not only delicious but also healthy as this don't have any preservatives. It is prepared using milk and you need starter to prepare this for first time buy yogurt from market and save some yogurt for your next batch.
Yogurt (Dahi) Recipe
- Milk - 2 glasses
- yogurt (dahi) - 2 tbsp
- First add milk in a pan on medium heat boil it. let this come to a complete boil.
- Let the milk come to lukewarm temperature.
- Then add 2 tbsp of yogurt mix well.
- Cover and wrap in towel or cloth and keep in warm place for about 8 hours undisturbed
- After 8 hours check if it is done just open the cover and check, if not done keep for more hours.
- After it is ready keep in fridge for at least an hour so that it gets thick and creamy.
- Resting time may vary depending on the weather.
- If making yogurt for first time then for starter you have to buy yogurt from market.
- For next batches keep some yogurt.