Sooji Chocolate Halwa This halwa recipe is a variation of the traditional sooji halwa which we are known very well..A very common Indian dessert sooji ka halwa. This recipe will surely be a hit among chocolate lovers, Especially kids.
I added Cocoa powder which gives a really good color and taste to this. This can be made with chocolate just add chocolate instead of cocoa powder and skip sugar if using sweet chocolate.. Rest all ingredients will be same like sooji halwa..
Chocolate Sooji Halwa
- Sooji (Semolina) - 1/2 cup
- Ghee (clarified Butter) - 1/4 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Almonds For Garnishing Sliced
- First boil 2 cups of water, Once starts boiling switch off heat and keep aside for later use.
- Now in a pan add ghee, once ghee starts melting add sooji.
- Fry Till little bit brown in color ( it will take around 6 -7 minutes on medium heat).
- Add cocoa powder, cardamom Powder and mix.
- Now add hot water slowly and stir continuously for about 3 -4 minutes.
- when it is thick add sugar. As soon as sugar is added it will release some water.
- Once again mix and let it cook till ghee separates.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and enjoy.