Eggless Orange Cake With Orange Icing
Baking a cake is really fun for me, gathering the ingredients and then seeing that cake rising evenly and perfectly. i feel so happy and relieved !! Who doesn't like fluffy and spongy cakes.. i guess everybody likes. I really like the flavor and color of this cake it came out pretty well.
As this orange cake is eggless so i replaced egg with condensed milk. And the result was soft and fluffy cake with full of flavor. i also used orange zest (orange peel), for that just take an orange and grate the outer skin, It adds nice flavor to the cake.
For icing this cake i have used store bought whipped topping but you can make fresh by whisking whipping cream till it forms peaks.
Eggless Orange Cake Recipe
- Butter - 1/2 cup or 100gms / 1 stick
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Orange Juice - 1/4 cup
- Orange Zest (Orange Skin Grated) - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
For Orange Icing
- Whipped Topping - 200 gm
- Orange Marmalade - 2 tbsp
- Orange slices in rounds - 3
- First preheat oven to 350 f/180 c.
- Grease cake tin by spreading little oil and flour, tap off extra and keep on side.
- Then in a deep bowl take Butter, Condensed Milk and Sugar, Mix till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Now take above mentioned and run through the sieve.
- Add dry ingredients to wet little at a time and mixing gently.
- when all the batter is mixed add orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest and mix really well so that no lumps are there.
- Now add this prepared batter to the cake tin and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. After 30 minutes keep checking by inserting toothpick.
- when toothpick comes out clean take out cake and let it cool.
- Take out the cake from tin and transfer to wire rack for further cooling.
Directions For Assembling and Icing The Cake