Jaggery rice is an easy and quick dessert. This recipe is traditional way of making rice with ghee and gur (jaggery) Nut are added to enhance flavor.
In my home i make jaggery rice more often. It tastes delicious..I add fennel seeds, cloves, Cardamom Powder and nuts. But all this depends on personal likings and taste these are not required but i like it this way..
Color of jaggery rice totally depends on jaggery (gur) you are using..There are many varieties of jaggery available in market some are more darker than other.
- Rice Basmati - 1 cup
- Jaggery (Gur) - 3/4 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water To Soak Jaggery - 1 1/2 cup
- Water To Cook Rice - 1 cup
- Fennel Seeds - 2 tsp
- Cloves - 5
- Almond Sliced - 5 to 6
- Cashews Sliced - 5 to 6
- First Soak Rice in water for 30 minutes and jaggery in 1 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes.
- After that wash and drain the water from rice.
- If Jaggery has some dirt than strain it and reserve the water.
- Now in a cooker add 1 1/2 tbsp of ghee, add cloves, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, almonds, cashews, raisins.
- Fry till little bit brown.
- Add washed and drained rice, water 1 cup and jaggery water 1 1/2 cup.
- Mix cover the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
- Serve warm or cold as you like.