Pineapple fried rice is one of my favorite fried rice recipe. It is so delicious and tasty that you can't resist having more. Day old cooked rice is best for this recipe or you can say leftover rice. It is a great idea to add some taste in leftover rice.
i first tried these in an Asian restaurant and really liked. They added all the Asian vegetables and grilled the rice. It was so flavorful so thought of giving it a try. And taste was so close to that restaurant pineapple fried rice.
i served these rice in pineapple shell for that just cut pineapple in half vertically and scoop out all the pulp and whatever left just scrape out and use in the recipe. So next time your guests are visiting serve them these pineapple rice it will surely be a hit!!
Pineapple Fried Rice - Thai Fried rice
- Rice (Day old cooked rice) - 3 cups
- Pineapple cut in big pieces - 1 cup
- Fine chopped pineapple - 1/2 cup
- Tofu (Firm) - 1 cup
- Cashews - 10 to 12
- Raisins - 10 to 12
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Carrot - 1 cut in rounds
- Red Bell Pepper - 1/2 cut in slices
- Onion - 1 big cut in slices
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt To Taste
- Garlic chopped - 2 cloves
- Spring Onions - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- First Heat oil on medium heat add tofu and fry till all sides are little bt brown.
- Once tofu is done take it out and in the same pan add 1 tbsp oil and add garlic and onions.
- Saute for about 1 mins after that add carrots, bell pepper, cashews and raisins and stir fry for about one minute. keep this aside.
- In the same pan add big pineapple chunks fry till it is little brown on all sides mix it with prepared carrot and bell pepper mixture.
- Add spring onions, fried tofu, red chili powder, salt cook for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- In the end add rice, soy sauce and finely chopped pineapple. mix and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and serve as you like!!