Pizza without oven sounds great as in summers our whole house gets really heated. And it is really easy and super fast to cook pizza on stove top. Back In India we used to buy pizza base from market but here i have a big oven so whenever we need we can enjoy homemade pizza..
But in oven it takes more time and you have to preheat. But on stove top it's really quick and easy and texture is so soft. Just one thing to keep in mind while cooking is keep the heat to low otherwise it can burn.
In this pizza recipe i used marinated paneer which i personally really liked. It gives Indian flavors to pizza.
Pizza Without Oven
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
- Active Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
- Lukewarm Water For Yeast - 1/2 cup
- Lukewarm Water for Kneading dough
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2tsp
For Paneer Topping
- Paneer Cubes - 3/4 cup
- Yogurt (dahi) - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
Toppings For Pizza
- Pizza Sauce - 3 tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Parmesan Cheese (optional) - 2 tbsp
- Bell Pepper - 1/2
- Onion - 1/2
- Salt As Needed
- Black pepper As Needed
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- First take lukewarm water add yeast and sugar, mix well and let this mixture become frothy.
- Add Both Flours in a bowl with salt and oil now add that yeast mixture and start mixing.
- Add little more water and knead to a soft dough.
- Spread some oil on the dough, cover and keep in some warm place for 1 hour or until dough is double in size.
- Meanwhile prepare paneer topping, Take paneer cubes add yogurt (dahi), Salt, cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala, oil mix and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan add marinated paneer cubes and cook till it dries out.
- Now check on dough, by this time it will be double in size.
- Sprinkle some flour on work surface and take out dough from bowl and cut in half.
- Roll each half in to a ball and start rolling in to thick circle about half a inch thick.
- Spread some oil on heated pan and put rolled pizza base, cook on low heat till it is little bit brown.
- Once brown turn and spread pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, onions, paneer cubes, olives, coriander leaves, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese (optional).
- Cover and cook on low heat till cheese melts and cooks from bottom side, Keep checking in between.
- Once done remove the cover, cut and enjoy.