Making jams at home is really easy and tastes delicious and moreover it don't have any preservatives. Homemade jams are much healthy as sugar quantity can be reduced according to the taste and preference. i usually make jams at home, tried different flavors like strawberry and blueberry, pineapple, pear.
I always make small batches so no need for canning and this quantity is enough for about two months. In my home, jam is used almost everyday whether it's on toast or paratha. And my toddler loves jam.
This recipe has strawberry, sugar and lemon juice so simple with just three ingredient. For storing , Just store in any clean glass container and keep refrigerated. It stays good for longer time if you use clean dry spoon every time you scoop it out.
Strawberry Jam Recipe - No Preservatives No Pectin
- Strawberries - 2 pounds
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
- First wash and remove stems from strawberries.Then cut them in small pieces.
- Add sugar in strawberries and keep covered for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes strawberries will release some juice
- Now in a heavy bottom pan add strawberries and it's juice.
- Boil it on low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mash strawberries with potato masher while cooking.
- Keep stirring in between
- Keep boiling till jam is thick.
- when jam is thick add lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Check the consistency by taking small amount on plate and tilt the plate if it is not falling off then it's done.
- Now let this cool little bit and then store in glass jar and refrigerate immediately.