Stuffed Bread Pakora - Bread Pakora popular indian street food, makes a perfect evening snack with a hot cup of tea. In rainy days we used to enjoy this quick bread snack. Not just rainy days it can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
Bread pakora can be stuffed and without stuffing. Stuffed with boiled poatato and covered with gram flour batter It is the one snack you can't ignore.
Preparing is very simple. Just boil potato and add spices then make gram flour batter and dip each stuffed bread pakora in batter and then deep fried in oil.
One thing to keep in mind while frying this bread pakora is fry on medium to high heat otherwise it will soak the oil. Let's go through the ingredients.
Stuffed Bread Pakora
Ingredients For stuffing
- Potato Boiled And Mashed - 1
- Onion Chopped - 1/2
- Ginger Chopped - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt To Taste
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Mint Chutney - 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 1/8 cup
Ingredients For Covering
- Bread Slices - 4
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 1 cup
- Water - 1 1/4 cup
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil For Frying
- Take boiled and mashed potato in a bowl and add onion, salt, coriander leaves, garam masala, red chili powder. Mix and keep aside.
- Take Bread slices apply mint chutney and on one bread slice spread about a tbsp of potato mixture and cover with other slice.
- Now cut through in the center, diagonally to make two slices. Keep aside.
- Add besan (Gram Flour) in a bowl. Add salt, carom seeds (Ajwain), turmeric powder, red chili powder.
- Now dip each slice in the batter and coat well from all sides.
- Drop this bread in to med to high heat oil and fry till brown from one side.
- Turn and fry from other side.
- Once done drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup.