Hakka Noodle | Chowmien Recipe
Hakka Noodle - An Indo - Chinese noodle loved by every body whether kids or adults. An all time favorite dish, Serve it as whole meal or side dish..
This recipe uses Hakka noodle, vegetables and a few of sauces and spices. I added basic veggies like onion, bell pepper and purple cabbage ( green cabbage can be used in place of purple cabbage).
This recipe can be customized according to taste and preferences. You can add any vegetable of your choice.
One thing to keep in mind while boiling noodle is do not overcook them otherwise noodle will be sticky. After boiling pour cold water to stop further cooking, If you want apply little oil on noodles this will prevent them from sticking together.
All vegetables and noodle must be tossed on high flame..you can serve these noodle with veg Manchurian if you like..
Veg Hakka Noodle
Ingredients To Boil Noodle
- Noodle - 1 pack (150 gm)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1tsp
- Water - 4 cups
Ingredients To Toss Veggies And Noodle
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves minced - 3
- Green Onion - 1/4 cup
- Thinly slices Bell pepper - 1 small
- Onion Thinly Sliced - 1/2 cup
- Cabbage Purple - 1/2 cup shredded
- Carrots Thinly Cut - 1
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Chili Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Mung Bean Sprouts As Needed
- Boil the Noodles as per instructions given on pack or add noodles in boiling water along with oil and salt and cook till noodles are cooked but not mushy.
- Drain Noodles and keep aside.
- Cut vegetables as thinly as possible.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and add garlic and onions fry for 10 seconds.
- Add all vegetables and cook till little bit cooked but still crunchy for about 2 -3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, salt, black pepper powder, vinegar, Chili sauce, ketch up, mix well.
- Add boiled noodles, Mix toss until all noodles are well coated.
- Switch off the flame and serve.