Bhindi Masala - Bhindi / Okra This bhindi sabzi is made dry, stir fried and then added to onion and tomato gravy.. Best side dish that goes well with roti or paratha..
Just to keep in mind a few things so that bhindi / Okra do not get slimy. Wash Bhindi / okra and then let it air dry or just pat dry with kitchen towel but it should be dry completely before cooking otherwise it can get slimy..
Stir frying it before enhances the flavor..Adding tomato is personal choice.. I do make it without adding tomatoes.. Best accompanied with Dahi / Yogurt.
- Bhindi / Okra - 200 grams
- Onion chopped - 1
- Tomatoes Chopped - 2
- Ginger and Garlic Paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Oil To Fry Bhindi - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Oil For Masala - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- First rinse okra in fresh water. let this air dry completely or dry with kitchen towel, It should be completely dry.
- Now cut in rounds about 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Add oil In a pan, once it is hot add bhindi and stir fry till soft. Drain in a plate.
- Now in the same pan add oil, once oil is hot add cumin seeds.
- Add onions and garlic ginger paste, fry for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till little bit soft.
- Add all the spices and cook for a minute.
- Now add bhindi and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Switch of heat and Serve with roti or paratha.