Lapsi Daliya | Sweet Cracked Wheat | Healthy Breakfast Recipe | Gujrati Sweet Recipe by Veggierecipehouse
Lapsi | Sweet Daliya | Cracked WheatLapsi a gujrati sweet made with daliya (Broken Wheat ) and jaggery..One of the best and easiest sweet made in just 10 minutes..And yes healthy too..
I used pressure cooker for fast cooking but this can be made in pan also..Just add water and cook like suji halwa when ghee starting separete than it is ready..
Add nuts of your choice i used jaggery powder, thia can be substituted with sugar if you like but personally i like with jaggery more..
Lapsi / Sweet Daliya
- Daliya (Cracked Wheat) - 1 cup
- Jaggery Powder - 3/4 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 5 to 6
- Raisins - 4 to 5
- Almonds - 4 to 5
- Water - 3 cups
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- First in a preheated pressure cooker add ghee, let this melt.
- Add cashews, raisins and almonds fry for a minute.
- Add daliya and fry on medium heat till brown in color.
- Now add water mix and cook for 2 whistles.
- Switch off the heat let the pressure go by itself.
- Now open and see if it is cooked.
- Heat again and add jaggery powder and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.