Masala Suji Idli - Suji (Semolina) Idli is easy and quick to make on busy days When you ran out of dosa - Idli Batter And your kid loves Idli..This happens with me sometime..The day i m ran out of my batter only then my kid wants idli.
So this quick fix will save you that time. And suji idli is one of my favorite and of course my kid also loves. The texture is so soft and spongy that if you make first time you are going to love it.
I added shredded carrots and Peas in Idli as this is a great way to give vegetables to kids. In this lunch box i added two cute Fruit Kebab with strawberry and grapes i cut paneer cubes and added that to give an extra potion of protien.
Masala Idli For Kids Lunch Box
- Suji (Semolina) - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 3 to4
- Yogurt ( Dahi ) - 3 tbsp
- Water To Soak Suji - 1/4cup
- Water To Steam Idli - 1 cup
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- Shredded Carrots - 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves - 1/8 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Water To Make Batter - 1/4 cup or as neede to make thick batter
- Oil To brush Idli Mold
- First add oil in a heated pan. Once oil is hot add mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and suji. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes till it changes it color lightly..
- Let this cool little bit.
- Now add yogurt in suji mixture, add water to make thick batter.
- Rest this for 30 minutes. More is fine.
- After resting time add peas, carrots, coriander leaves, salt and 1/4 cup water to make pouring consistency batter it should not be too thick or too thin.
- Now heat a deep pan or idli steamer, add water and preheat
- Grease idli mold with oil.
- Add eno fruit salt in the idli batter as soon as you will add eno it will bubble up.
- Mix it gently pour a tbsp of batter in prepared mold.
- Place idli mold in to the steamer and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes take this out and let this cool little bit.
- Remove the idli and serve.