Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake In Cooker | Eggless Cake Recipe | Cake Recipes Without Oven By veggie recipe house
Sponge Cake Without Oven
Sponge Cake as name suggests spongy, fluffy and moist cake..This recipe is eggless version of regular sponge cake and the good thing is i have made this in pressure cooker..
Since i made this cake in cooker so cooker will act as a oven. For that i used regular cooking salt, spread that on the base of cooker and preheat the cooker just like oven..
Just one or two things to keep in mind you need cake mold that is oven proof and can handle the cooker heat. And to keep cake mold in cooker you need to give it some height so i placed regular stand..just keep anything of steel or aluminium to give a height...
I removed the whistle and rubber of pressure cooker before preheating, removing whistle is must so that pressure that is building inside...But removing rubber vary from cooker to cooker. i used thick bottom Hawkins brand cooker without rubber..
And first time when i used prestige cooker without rubber it didn't work on that the safety valve melted because of direct heat on the lid..so removing rubber gasket won't work on every brand cooker..
Sponge Cake In Cooker
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Yogurt(dahi) - 1/2 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Salt To add in cooker - 1 cup
- First preheat Cooker by adding 1 cup salt in pressure cooker and keep some stand or wire rack to give the height.
- Now remove the whistle and rubber (*Rubber removing may vary depending on cooker quality).
- Close the lid and preheat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now take a bowl and sieve all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt . mix and keep aside.
- In another deep bowl take sugar and oil beat till all well mixed.
- Now add oil, vanilla essence mix till fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and mix gently.
- Now pour this batter in prepared tin.
- Remove the lid of pressure cooker and keep this cake mold. Be careful while placing the tin cooker can be super hot.
- Now close the lid and cook on low heat for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Check with inserting toothpick, if it comes out clean then it's ready.
- Let it cool then demold and enjoy.