A healthy and quick one pot meal that can be served as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Very healthy and nutritious recipe..
I used vegetables like green peas, carrots to make it more healthy. It can be packed in adults or kids lunch box..just skip the chili for kids. I used pressure cooker for this recipe just add everything in and in just 10 minutes tasty daliya is ready..
- Moong Dal (Yellow Moong) - 1/8 cup
- Daliya Cracked Wheat - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Carrots Diced - 1 small
- Onion Chopped - 1 small
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Potato Diced - 1 small
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- First wash moong dal and daliya 2 - 3 times with fresh water keep aside.
- Add oil in a pressure cooker let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds, Ginger chopped Saute for 10 seconds.
- Add onions and fry till little bit soft.
- Now add potato, carrot, peas, moong dal, daliya saute for about 1/2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, red chili powder saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add water cover and cook for 2 whistles or till daliya is done.
- Switch off the heat and let the pressure go by itself.
- Remove lid add coriander leaves and serve.