Aloo Baingan / Potato Eggplant Recipe - A quick and very easy to make sabzi / Indian curry using eggplant and potato that can be enjoyed with roti and paratha in lunch or dinner..
Cooked in pressure cooker a quick method which is very helpful in rushing morning hours when you have to cook something quick for office lunch.
This sabzi is again made with basic Indian spices and onion and tomato tadka which is the base tadka for any punjabi style cooking recipes. People who don't like eggplant like my husband, yes he don't like eating eggplant in any form that was the biggest problem in my house because i love baingan with roti and yohurt but when i made this way he actually liked because making in pressure cooker made baingan and aloo a little mushy and with onion and tomato gravy..one can't identify the flavor of eggplant..
So yes this recipe is good for those people who hate eggplant. Try andshare your experience with this recipe..
- Baingan ( Eggplant) - 1 Big
- Aloo ( Potato ) - 2 Big
- Onion Chopped - 1 Big
- Tomato Chopped - 2
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Hing ( Asafoetida ) - A Pinch
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt To taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 4 cloves Chopped
- Ginger Chopped - An Inch
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Fist wash peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Wash baingan and remove stem and cut into cubes keep in salt water until use, this way it won't turn black in color.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add hing and cumin seeds.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add onions fry till soft once onion is soft add tomatoes and cook till little bit soft and mushy.
- Now add coriander powder, garam masala, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and baingan mix and cover.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 whistles.
- Switch off heat and let the pressure go by itself.
- Open and add coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy.