Gobi Manchurian - A very Popular Indo - Chinese Recipe Served as an appetizer...It tastes Tangy and little spicy with added sauces.
Cauliflower / Gobi is cut and blanched in salt water. Then dip in batter and deep fried in oil.. For making sauce i used red chili sauce and tomato sauce, vinegar which gives spicy and tangy flavor..In addition i added soy sauce so be careful while adding salt because soy sauce also contain salt..
Gobi Manchurian Recipe
Ingredients To Blanch Gobi
- Gobi / Cauliflower - 1 small
- Oil To Fry Gobi
- Salt - 1 tsp
Ingredients To Make Batter
- Refined Flour - 1/2 cup
- Corn Starch - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Water To Make Batter
Ingredients To Make Sauce
- Oil For Sauce - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions - 1tbsp
- Onion chopped - 1/4 cup
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup
- Spring onions For garnishing
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Chili Sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cut and wash gobi / cauliflower florets.
- Heat some water in a heated pan..add florets and salt let this boil for 4 to 5 minutes..then drain and keep aside.
- Make batter by taking refined flour and corn starch in a deep bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper, soy sauce add little water at a time and make pancake like batter..
- Add this to blanched gobhi and coat well.
- Now heat some oil in a pan.. dip each florets one by one and fry on medium heat till golden brown in color.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Prepare sauce by adding oil in heated pan. Now add ginger and garlic.
- Saute for a minute . Now add onions, spring onions, capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, tomato sauce, black pepper mix well.
- Add fried gobi and coat well with sauce.
- Serve .