Moong Dal Halwa
- Moong Dal (Mung Beans) - 1 cup
- Water To Soak
- Water - 1/8 cup to grind Dal
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/2 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Saffron Strands - 10 to 12
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Almonds Blanched and sliced - 5 to 6
- Cashews - 5 to 6
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pistachios - 5 to 6
- Raisins - 8 to 10
- Soak Moong dal in enough water for 5 to 6 hours. After that drain the water and wash in fresh water.
- Add this dal in grinder jar with little water and grind to smooth paste.
- Now add water, milk, sugar and saffron in a pan and boil, Keep aside for later use.
- Now add ghee in a non stick pan let this melt.
- Add grinded dal and start mixing with ghee. Saute this for few minutes.
- After about 4 -5 minutes texture will be thick.
- Keep stirring and soon after about 5 to 7 it will be crumbly.
- Now saute till this crumbly dal turns brown in color, it will take about 10 minutes.
- When it turns brown add the milk and water mixture slowly and keep mixing.
- Add cardamom powder, pistachios, almonds, cashews and raisins.
- It will be thick after about 5 to 7 minutes keep stirring.
- When ghee starts leaving the sides then it is ready.
- Garnish with more almonds and pistachios. Enjoy.