Seviyan Kheer | Semiya Payasam | Vermicelli Pudding | Indian Sweets And Desserts Recipe | Festival Recipes
Semiya Kheer | Vermicelli Pudding
Semiya/Sevai is a traditional popular indian dessert made with vermicelli thin noodles milk, sugar and some nuts. Many people make this during indian festivals and in many household it is relished after dinner and lunch.
How To Make vermicelli is fried in desi ghee (clarified butter) and simmered in milk then sugar and cardamom nuts is added to enhance the flavors. there are so many kind of vermicelli is available in market make this recipe with any available.
- Semiya/Vermicelli - 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 5 to 6
- Raisins - 10 to 12
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 2 tbsp Adjust accordingly
Preparation for Kheer
- First add ghee in a heated pan. Melt it.
- once ghee is melted add cashews fry till golden brown
- then add raisins and fry for 1 minute till changes color little bit.
- Then add seviyan and fry till alightly brown.
- Now add milk, let this cook on medium flame.
- Boil till the semiya/vermicelli is fully cooked.
- and keep stirring it to prevent from burning.
- Add more milk if thick as needed.
- Add cardamom and sugar and cook on low flame till it is pourable consistency.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- See the video down below.
Watch Video Semiya Kheer