Chai Masala | Tea Masala Powder
chai masala is an indian blend of different type of spices that when added in tea gives nice flavor and aroma. A cup of fragrant tea makes the mornings great.
This masala powder has so many health benefits. It has cloves, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper dried ginger, star anise. all have their health benefits.
cloves has anti - inflammatory, anti bacterial properties.
Cinnamon decrease the blood sugar level and cholesterol levels, keeps the heart healthy.
Green Cardamom helps with digestion and bloating and reduces heartburn.
Black pepper has anti bacterial and anti cancer properties, and boosts metabolism.
Fennel Seeds is good source of iron, calcium and fiber.
Star Anise helps to fight cold and flu. It is high in vitamin A and vitamin C.
Black Cardamom helps prevent heart desease and balance blood pressure.
Dried Ginger helps in digestion, cholestrol, lower blood sugar, nausea, inflammation.
How To Preapare Tea Using Masala Powder
- for one cup of tea add 3/4 cup water to a heated pan.
- add 1 tsp of loose tea and 1/4 tsp of masala powder.
- let this boil 1 minute over medium heat.
- add sugar and 1/2 cup of milk.
- boil again.
- strain and enjoy.
Chai Masala Powder
- 1/4 cup green cardamom(hari Ilaychi)
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 tbsp peppercorn (kali mirch)
- 10 black cardamom (badi ilaychi)
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks (daalchini)
- 2 tbsp cloves (laung)
- 1/2 cup dried ginger (sukhi adrak)
- 2 star anise
- in a pan add all the above mentioned ingredients.
- dry roast on low heat for 1 minute.
- let this cool completely.
- once cooled, grind it in powder form.
- store in airtight container with lid.
- stays good for more than 2 months.
- take 1/4 tsp for every cup of tea or as you like.
Chai Ka Masala