Paneer lababdar is North Indian paneer curry that has Rich thick tomato and cream base and cottage cheese, onions, tomato, cahews and indian spices.
It tastes delicious when served with Naan Bread But it goes well with other Indian breads and rice.
Why it is called Lababdar
you might be thinking what is the meaning of "LABABDAR". It is a Hindi word which means strong craving for tasty food and indulge in it and you just want to have it more and more.
How To Prepare
1. first step is to cook tomato, ginger garlic and cashews with little water. once soft remove from heat and let it cool.
2. once cooled grind in to a paste, keep aside. in pan add oil, bay leaf, chopped onion and grinded paste. cook 1 minute.
3. add spices turmeric powder, salt, corinder powder, garam masala, red chili, cumin powder, cook 2-3 minutes and add little water.
4. add green chili, honey for that sweet taste, paneer, kasuri methi (dried fenugreek ), cream and butter. cook for few minutes and it's ready.
5. Serve with naan, laccha paratha or rice.
Ingredients for Grinding
- 2 big Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cashews
- an inch ginger
- 3-4 garlic pods peeled
Ingredients for curry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or as needed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp honey
- 1cup Paneer cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek (kasuri methi)
- first add tomatoes, garlic, ginger, cashews and half cup of water in a heated pan, cover and cook 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
- once soft grind this paste and keep aside.
- in same pan add oil once hot add bayleaf and chopped onions, cook till onions are soft, add grinded tomato paste.
- add all the spices garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili, salt, turmeric powder cook 2-3 minutes until oil is separate from paste.
- add 1/2 cup water, green chili, honey, paneer cubes, fenugreek, milk cream, butter and cook covered for 2-3 minutes .
- Serve with naan, roti, paratha, rice.