Suji Dahi Bhalla | Suji Dahi vada Recipe
Dahi bhalla/vada is a Popular Indian Chaat (snack) Recipe that is made with Urad Dal (Split Lentils). bhalla is served in papri chaat also.
Authentic bhalla is made by soaking dal for few hours and then grinding it. this is enjoyed with yogurt(dahi) green chutney and sweet chutney with some indian masala powders like chaat masala, red chili, salt, cumin powder.
How To Prepare
This recipe is quicker version of the authentic one.. there is no dal required so no soaking and grinding. just mix everything fry and ready. Before serving soak vada's in warm water for few minutes and squeeze out excess water gently, this way extra oil also comes out.
Suji Dahi Bhalla/vada
- 1 cup Suji/semolina
- 1 cup dahi/yogurt
- salt to taste
- a pinch asafoetida(hing)
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- oil for frying
- sweet and sour chutney
- chaat masala, cumin powder, red chili powder.
- take suji in a bowl, add dahi/yogurt, salt, asafoetida, grushed ginger, green chili.
- mix well.
- cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- meanwhile heat some oil for frying on medium heat.
- after 10 minutes the batter will be thick add 1-2 tbsp water. don't add too much just 1-2 tbsp is fine.
- now add baking powder and mix very well.
- take some water in bowl and apply that to your hand.
- with wet hand take some batter and put in hot oil one by one.
- cook till you see them changing color to brown.
- take out in plate, at this point you can cool them and store in fridge for later use .
- OR soak in water for 5 minutes.
- press gently and squeeze out all water.
- put it in plate and garnish with chutney's.
- sprinkle some chaat masala, red chili powder, cumin powder and serve.