Lemon poppy seed cake | Eggless Cake
This cake is a perfect treat for tea party or any occasion. it has tangy and refreshing taste perfect for a summer birthday. i made this cake for my birthday.
From a long time i wanted to bake a cake that is something new and refreshing for my birthday just to give me a special treat, thought of making something fruity tangy flavored cake so lemon poppy seed strike to my mind. it has a very refreshing and tangy taste.
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Ingredients for eggless cake
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt (dahi)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or any oil
- 3 tbsp poppy seed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
Ingredients for Cream Cheese filling
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon essence
- 4 tbsp sugar
Method Preparing Cake
- preheat oven at 365 f for 10 minute.
- prepare two 8 " cake pans by applying oil and dusting some flour, tap off extra flour. keep these pans aside.
- sieve 2 cups of all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- in another bowl add yogurt, sugar, oil, lemon juice, water and mix well.
- now add dry ingredients to wet and start mixing.
- add poppy seeds and lemon zest mix and make a lump free batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tins and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- when done take out from oven and let both cool completely.
- Once cooled cut them in half.
- add cream cheese in a bowl, whip it till it is smooth. free of any lumps.
- add heavy whipping cream and beat until you see soft peaks.
- add powdered sugar and vanilla essence and beat until stiff peaks.
Assemble the cake
- take one of the cake layer and add cream cheese filling.
- spread it evenly on cake with spatula.
- put second layer and repeat until you reach the last layer.
- decorate the way you like for outer layer. I decorated with BUTTERCREAM