Quick Peda | Milk Powder Peda
Peda is a sweet which is prepared by using Khoya (Milk solids)..It originated in Mathura, India. People call it mathura ka peda. These can be in light to dark brown color.
This recipe is the quicker versions of traditional peda, which takes many hours of simmering milk, getting milk solids then again cooking.
i made this Recipe on Krishna JanamAshtami first time. i thought why not make peda and offer to god but for the traditional recipe you need khoya which i did't have.. just milk powder was in the pantry, so just tried with that and end result was really yummy brown color peda.
There are so many recipes to make peda some use condensed milk with milk powder and others use fresh khoya. But for this recipe you only need one main ingredient that is milk powder.
- 1 cup Milk powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- In a pan add milk powder and start cooking on medium heat.
- keep stirring the milk powder, it can stick to the pan.
- you will see color changing after about 5 minutes.
- once it's light brown add ghee.
- Add 1-2 tbsp milk just to get the milk powder together. don't add too much and cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off flame and remove pan from heat and keep it aside to cool.
- once cooled add sugar, cardamom powder.
- mix well everything and make rounds.
- garnish with nuts or cardamom powder.