Besan(gram flour) Roti - this paratha is the quickest of all parathas no need to stuff still tastes amazing.
This paratha idea came to my mind when my kid asked me something unique for his lunch box.. he likes besan toast so thought why not try on roti and it came out pretty interesting and tasty.
So basically it is besan batter that is spread on cooked roti and cooked with ghee or oil. the batter is made thick so that it cooks well.
How To Prepare
1. preparation is really simple if you have cooked roti.. first in a bowl take besan, onions, salt, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, carom seeds and coriander (cilantro)
2. Add water little by little and make a thick paste, i added little more than 1/4 cup of water, mix well and make lump free batter.
3. spread this prepared batter on cooked roti evenly. heat a pan or tawa and spread oil, put this roti on hot tawa and cook till batter is no longer sticky and color is changed. apply some oil and cook other side.
5. serve as is with ketch up chutney or yogurt or cut in half and make roll up.
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
- 2 tbsp Onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Fresh cilantro dhaniya
- water to make thick batter
- cooked roti
- oil/ ghee
- in a bowl add gram flour, onions, salt, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, carom seeds and cilantro.
- add water to make thick paste like consistency.
- mix everything and make a lump free batter.
- heat a pan or tawa smear a tsp of oil.
- take cooked roti and spread a tablespoon or two of this prepared mixture, put on hot tawa and cook on medium heat till it changes color.
- spread oil on the other side and cook evenly.
- cut in half and make rollups
- serve with chutney ketchup or yogurt.