This Instant rava dosa is crispy and easy to cook. Great recipe for quick breakfast. As this recipe is a variation of other dosa recipe there is no fermentation required in this.
This dosa i did for my husband he likes rava dosa. So i thought i should try this. At first i tried, it was good but dosa was little bit thick but then i tried again with adding little more water and it was a hit. So main thing is batter consistency and the way you spread batter on tawa.
Hope you will like it.
Onion Rava Dosa Recipe
- Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- All Purpose flour (Maida) - 1/4 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp chopped
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Onion small - 1 chopped
- First take all dry ingredients in bowl, add water mix. it should be runny consistency. If you see batter is thick add more water, if needed.
- Add coriander leaves and onion and mix.
- On a heated oiled tawa with a ladle start pouring batter from edges towards center.
- Sprinkle oil 1/2 tsp.
- When you see the edges started leaving the tawa then turn it and cook from other side.
- When both sides are done, it is ready.
- Serve it with chutney or sambar. Here is the link for Sambar recipe
- If you find batter is too runny at some point add more rice flour.
- Every time you make new dosa, first mix the batter as rice flour has a tendency to seperate from water and settle down in bottom.