Bagara Baingan Recipe - bagara baingan in hyderabad and gutti vankaya kura in Telugu is baingan dish which is made with stuffed masala paste inside baingan that has spices. coconut, nuts, onion and tomato and then cooked. It tastes delicious. people add sesame seeds i skipped adding that.
My husband is not a great fan of baingan so i rarely make this, only for me but yesterday i tried this recipe and he really liked. There are so many spices and coconut is used which gives this recipe aromatic flavour.
This can be served with roti, paratha and rice.
Bagara Baingan Recipe
Servings - 2 to 3
Ingredients for recipe
- Baingan - 4 small
- Water - 1/4 cup
Ingredients for paste
- Onion chopped - 1 big
- Tomato roughly chopped - 1 big
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Tamarind water - 1 tsp
- Peanuts - 10 to 12
- Cardamom - 2 to 3 pods
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cloves - 4
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered coconut - 1/8 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for tempering
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- First slit baingan from center in cross. No need to remove stems. add them in salt water. keep aside.
- Dry roast the cardamom, coriander, cumin seeds, cloves and peanuts on low heat.
- Once roasted add Cinnamon powder, red chili powder, turmeric, coconut, garlic, tamarind water, onion and tomato and grind to a smooth paste.
- Now fill this paste into baingan and keep aside.
- Take oil in a pan add mustard seeds let it crackle.
- Now add rest of the paste add 1/4 cup water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stuffed baingan cover and cook til soft and done. Check in between.