Bhindi(Okra) is cooked in many ways in India. Some people add tomato, some cook gravy one But this recipe is dry Bhindi Masala. Very easy and quick to make.
Sometimes when cooking bhindi there are a few things to keep in mind The main thing to make this perfectly looking and tasting dish is drying properly using kitchen towel, otherwise it can be Slimy.
This recipe is fairly simple. Bhindi (Okra) is shallow fried and then dry spices and onion are added. Perfect dry sabzi recipe that goes along with any curry and dal as a side dish. This is served with roti and paratha.
Masala Bhindi Recipe (Okra)
- Bhindi (Okra) - 250 gms
- Onion Cut lengthwise - 1 cup
- Ginger and Garlic Paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garama Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor) - 1 tsp
- Salt To Taste
- First wash, pat dry and cut bhindi in round pieces.
- Heat oil in pan and add bhindi, fry till half done.
- Then in the same pan add ginger and garlic paste saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till little bit brown.
- Once onions are cooked and bhindi is fully done add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder, salt and dry mango powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite roti or paratha.