Lemon Rice is another variation of rice dish which has very refreshing, tangy and spicy favor. One of the most common rice recipe from south India..
This recipe is very easy and quick to make. It can be made with leftover rice..The texture of rice should be grainy when boiling. Try not to over cook rice for this recipe.
Personally i like to eat it as is it tastes so good, but if you like it can be accompanied with yogurt, chutney or anything you like.
As this is so easy to make can be a perfect lunch box recipe for work or office.
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Water To Boil Rice - 1 cup water
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt To Taste
- Red Chili Whole - 2 no.
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 6 to 7
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Urad Dal (Black split lentils without cover) - 1/2 tbsp
- Chana Dal (Bengal Gram) - 1/2 tbsp
- Peanuts - 12 to 15
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Ginger Chopped - 1/2 tbsp
- First rinse and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- After that boil water and cook rice for about 15 minutes. Do not overcook, if there is excess water left strain the rice. keep aside.
- Start with tempering Add oil in a pan let it heat up.
- Once oil is hot add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal roast till little bit brown.
- Now add peanuts, red chili, ginger fry for 10 seconds
- Add turmeric powder and saute.
- Add boiled rice, salt, and lemon juice mix and saute for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.