Chenna Murki is a popular bengali sweet recipe which is made with paneer (moist Chenna) and sugar syrup.. the inside of chenna murki is paneer and outside coating is dried sugar.
i still remember as a kid we used to eat a lot of this delicious chenna murki. the recipe is so simple and easy, it can be made in 10-12 minutes.
How To Prepare
paneer is cut into small cubes. In a pan add sugar and water and cook till sugar is dissolved and makes 1 string consistency.
once it forms one string then add cubed paneer kewra essence (gives nice aroma) and keep cooking till the syrup is thick and all dried up and coated on paneer.
switch off flame and let it cool, it can be stored in airtight container in fridge for 1 week.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 125 gm paneer cut into cubes
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2-3 drops kewra essence
- cardamom powder a pinch
- first in a heated pan add sugar and water, once the sugar dissolves add milk stir and add cardamom powder, keep stirring on medium heat.
- keep stirring till one string consistency, to check consistency take some syrup in a plate once it cools check with your fingers to see if it forms a thread.
- add paneer cubes and kewra essence, keep stirring till syrup dries up and coat all the paneer.
- turn off heat and let it cool completely.
- store in air tight jar in fridge for upto a week.