How To transfer Picture On Cake | DIY PORTRAIT CAKE | Birthday Father's Day Idea | Easy Tiramisu Cake Recipe
Stencil A picture On Cake| Birthday Idea | Eggless Tiramisu
Tiramisu Cake is an Italian cake recipe that is made with Ladyfingers(sponge cookies) Mascarpone cheese, alcohol, cream. But this recipe is eggless,no alcohol and no mascarpone version of authentic tiramisu.
i recently developed this interest in sketching, drew many portraits for my family i wanted to give some unique surprise to my husband on his birthday so thought why not draw something on cake.
Many ideas came to mind like take an edible pen and draw on fondant but he is not a big fan of fondant cakes so thought why not draw and cut a stencil of his picture.
I replaced mascarpone with cream cheese because mascarpone was not available that day.
i did not use any gelatin to set the cream filling so base cake had to be little solid than ladyfinger base, so i used vanilla sponge cake and middle layer is ladyfinger cookies.
How To Get Picture And Stencil On Cake
- choose the cake pan size, i used 7" spring-foam.
- choose what portrait picture you want on the cake.
- In desktop photo editor or using your phone photo editor, convert the picture to black & white Mode.
- Then in the tone set the contrast to full, now you can easily see the dark shadows around the face.
- adjust the picture size according to cake pan size, so that picture comes in the middle.
- If you are a good artist then draw the picture, otherwise print it out.
8. Separate the picture in two parts to make it more easier to lift the pieces when you are done with spreading cocoa powder.
Steps To Transfer Pic On Cake
- Make Cake base layer i made vanilla sponge base. let the cake cool completely.
2. prepare cream cheese topping by whipping cream cheese, coffee, whipping cream sugar, vanilla essence.
3. add instant coffee in bowl and pour hot water, mix well and let this cool. once cooled brush coffee and hot water mixture on to the cake.
4. add prepared cream layer evenly.
5. soak ladyfinger cookies in coffee mix and start putting on cream one by one.
6. Add second layer of cream cheese topping evenly and smoothen it out.
7. cover and let it chill in fridge for 5-6 hours.
8. After 6 hours loosen the sides of pan and remove the side of spring-foam pan, lay your stencil on top of the cream.
9. now sprinkle cocoa powder using a strainer, sprinkle very thin layer of cocoa so that when you lift the piece it don't just fly everywhere on the face.
10. Now carefully lift the paper pieces.
11. Portrait Cake is ready. made the other cake for father's day.
Eggless Tiramisu Portrait Cake
Ingredients for vanilla sponge cake
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup refined flour (all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Ingredients for cream
- 1 cup, 225 gm, 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp instant coffee
Ingredients To assemble the cake
- 7" spring foam pan/or any glass dish
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 cup hot water to soak cake and ladyfingers
- 1 packet of ladyfinger cookies
- vanilla sponge cake
- cream cheese filling
- picture stencil
- first choose and edit the picture by enhancing the shadows in photo editor tool, print and cut the shadow areas make a stencil out of it as shown above.
- prepare a 7" cake tin by applying oil and little flour and tapping off extra flour.
- preheat oven at 350 f for 10 minutes.
- for base cake mix warm milk and vinegar and keep aside.
- sieve refined flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, sugar.
- now add oil, vanilla essence and milk+vinegar.
- mix well so that there are no lumps. Tap to remove any air bubbles
- Pour in cake tin and bake at 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes.
- insert toothpick to check if cake is done.
- once done cool completely.
- meanwhile prepare cream filling by adding cream cheese and sugar in bowl and whip 2-3 minutes.
- Now add heavy whipping cream, vanilla essence, 1 tsp instant coffee in 2 tbsp water.
- whip till the mixture is thick.
- take a bowl add 2 tbsp coffee powder and pur hot water mix well. cool completely.
- once cold, brush this coffee mixture on to vanilla base layer in the pan.
- spread evenly one layer of prepared cream mixture.
- now dip ladyfinger cookies in the coffee and water mix and add onto the cream layer one by one.
- once done add another layer of cream and cover till the top evenly.
- cover the pan and put it in fridge for 5-6 hours.
- after 6 hours loosen the sides of spring-foam pan by inserting knife.
- lay the cutout stencil in the center of the cake.
- sprinkle cocoa powder with tea strianer.
- now carefully remove the stencil.
- your cake is ready.
- try with different stencils