What Is Paneer Tikka
Paneer Tikka a very famous snack where paneer (Cottage cheese)Big pieces along with onion bell pepper and tomato are marinated with yogurt and indian spices and skewered together And then cooked in grill or Tandoor oven until it's charred.. Charring gives this dish an exotic smoking flavor.
This is the best starter option for many indian parties. where you can enjoy the party and barbeque paneer tikka. it is a great alternative to many non vegetarien dishes.
Authentic paneer tikka is cooked in tandoor oven but in this recipe i am cooking it on a grill pan ..you can even use non stick tawa. cooking in a pan is the most easiest and quick way of making this dish and it doesn't change the flavor or taste.
Tip * if you want extra smokiness while cooking in a pan, when all paneer tikka skewers are cooked, take a steel bowl and add burning coal put desi ghee(clarified butter) and cover the pan.. let it sit for few minutes it gives the smoky flavor without even cooking in tandoor oven.
This single recipe can be widely used in so many ways, make a paneer tikka wrap just add mayonnaise and some other chutney's along with paneer tikka and ta da your paneer tikka wrap is ready..
For Paneer tikka masala just cook with indian gravy sauce to enjoy paneer tikka masala
How To Marinate
you make the marination by combining the thick yogurt, chaat masala, ginger garlic paste, red chili, cumin powder, roasted gram flour, lemon juice kasuri methi for extra flavor and ofcourse little mustard oil, it gives such a nice flavor to paneer tikka that you will fall in love with this.
i have added gram flour so that masalas can be easily coated to paneer and vegetables don't add too much than it will turn chewy.
serve it with green chutney to enhance the flavors with side of onions and sprinkle some chaat masala on top, it tastes heaven.
Paneer Tikka In Oven
In oven paneer tikka is cooked differently if you cook it for long than it can turn rubbery or chewy.
so to avoid that just turn the broil function on.. Broil it for 4 - 5 minutes or until it's well charred.. spray the pan with some cooking oil before that.
Ingredients To Marinate
- 1 1/2cup thick yogurt(dahi)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red food color(optioanl)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- lemon juice as needed
- 1 large onion cut into big squares
- 1 tomato cut into big cube
- 1 big bell pepper cut into squares
- 2 cups or 250 grams paneer cut in big chunks
- 1 tbsp oil for roasting
- First prepare paneer and vegetables by cutting them in to cubes, you can save the sides for your other curry dishes.
- take a big bowl and add thick yogurt or hung curd.
- add all the ingredients under marination starting from ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, red food color, salt, chaat masala, kasuri methi, gram flour, lemon juice.
- After adding masalas whick well so that there are no lumps.
- now add paneer and vegetables, mix until all the vegetables and paneer are well coated, you can use hands if you like.
- once everything is mixed well add mustard oil and gently mix again.
- now cover and refrigerate for about an hour or (you are ready to cook).
- After that take skewers and start arranging paneer and vegetable pieces one by one alternating each other.
- once all are prepared, heat a grill pan or simple nonstick tawa spray little oil.
- put prepared skewers in pan let it cook one side and keep rotating until you see color is changing.
- cook till you see them charred.
- once done add lemon juice and chaat masala and serve with green chutney.
* cook it when you are planning to eat otherwise after it is cold it can turn chewy
* use a good quality paneer for the softer paneer tikka.
* Don't overcook, paneer can turn hard.