Eggless Chocolate Cake With chocolate Mousse | Lego Sheet Cake For Kids Birthday | Easy Half Sheet cake recipe Eggless
Lego sheet cake | Chocolate Mousse Cake
Baking for a kid is always a fun and satisfying thing to do. This time on my son's 6th birthday i asked him what cake and theme you want he immediately said lego, i wasn't surprised because he is a big fan of legos.
Instead i said OK sir Done, let's bake a lego theme cake for You. I am not a professional baker or cake decorator but anything for my kid :)
Biggest challange was making a lego cake with whipped cream frosting and decorating because my family and friends are not a fan of fondant, so i just made and used lego bricks out of fondant.
This is Eggless Chocolate Cake with Instant Mousse, Icing is freshly whipped cream and fondant lego bricks. lego bricks i decorated on cake just before my guest started coming. because fondant melts too quickly on whipped cream.
Happy Birthday Cake Banner
i made the happy birthday cake banner myself
- just write happy birthday on a paper and cut it into ribbon like shape
- take 1 skewer cut in half
- put the happy birthday ribbon like paper facing down.
- place skewers on each side
- glue small paper on this
- let this dry
Party Decorating Ideas Diy pinata Diy photobooth Diy food box
How TO Prepare Eggless Chocolate Cake
1. preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. and prepare half sheet cake tin 12 by 18 with parchment paper.
2. i made two separate cakes for layering the cakes, you need a half sheet cake pan. first sieve the dry ingredients all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
3. for wet ingredients take warm milk add vinegar and set it aside for later use then add oil, vanilla essence and milk mixture in dry ingredients.
4. make a lump free batter and pour in to prepared cake tin and bake for 20-23 minutes at 350f.
5. cool 15 minutes and then invert on wire rack to cool further.
6. If decorating next day cool completely and wrap in plastic wrap and keep on room temperature.
7. you can store the cake in fridge for 2-3 days covered in wrap.
How To Prepare Chocolate Mousse
1. Add cream in a bowl and heat in microwave for 30 - 40 seconds. Pour cream over chocolate pieces and set aside. after that mix it really well.
2. Add cream in a deep Bowl, Add vanilla extract, the icing sugar and whip well until it forms soft peaks, for about 5 - 7 minutes. Now add chocolate mixture and mix it gently. Let it cool in fridge for 1 hour..
How To Make Fondant Lego Bricks
1. for Lego bricks you will need a brick mold tray and fondant. take colorful fondant for making the bricks i used red green blue and yellow.
2. take a small portion and dab it into the mold press so that it is even in shape.
3. let them sit for 1 hour and take out keep them on parchment paper.
4. if not using immediately store them in airtight container with parchment paper underneath so that it don't stick together.
Eggless Chocolate Lego Cake
Ingredients for making chocolate cake
- Refined Flour - 3 cups
- Milk - 2 1/2 cups
- Vinegar - 3 tsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1.5 tsp
- Cocoa Powder - 3/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1 1/8 cup
- Vanilla essence - 3 tsp
- Piping bags
- star shaped Piping tip for cake borders
Ingredients for Mousse
- Heavy whipping cream - 4 cups
- Icing sugar - 4 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Chocolate bar - 3 bars 4oz each (12 oz in total)
Ingredients for Icing Frosting
- heavy whipping cream - 3 cups
- icing sugar - 3 tbsp
- vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
Ingredients for Fondant
- colorful fondant 1 box red, yellow, blue, green
- Lego brick mold
Ingredients for Ganache drip
- Chocolate Chips 1/4 cup
- Whipping cream 4 tbsp
- plastic bag or Plastic Squirt bottol
Directions for Mousse
- Add 1/2 cup cream in a bowl and heat in microwave for 30 - 40 seconds don;t overheat..
- Pour cream over chocolate pieces and set aside for 5 minutes. after that mix it really well.
- Add cream in a deep Bowl
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract. Add the icing sugar and whip well until it forms soft peaks, for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Now add chocolate mixture and mix it gently.
- Let it cool in fridge for 1 hour..
Direction for Ganache:
- Heat cream in microwave for about 30 to 40 seconds don't overheat as it will curdle.
- Now pour this cream over chocolate chips and set aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes mix it really well and let this mixture come to room temperature.
Direction For Fondant
- take the colored fondant and knead little bit with hand and if it sticks dust with little corn flour.
- take a grape size ball and spread it into Lego candy mold and press lightly the fondant so that it is even.
- let it sit for 1 hour
- demold and store at room temperature until used on parchment paper in air tight container.
Assemble the cake:
- Preheat oven at 350 degree f or 10 minutes
- Prepare a half sheet 12" by 18" cake pan with parchment paper and keep aside.
- take milk and add vinegar mix well keep aside for later use.
- Take a bowl now sieve refined flour, baking soda, baking powder cocoa and sugar now sieve.
- Take another bowl add vinegar + Milk mixture = Buttermilk , oil, vanilla essence.
- Add dry to wet and mix well lump free mixture. pour in prepared tin..
- Bake in oven 350 f for 20 to 23 minutes.
- Once done demold and let it cool.
- Now make one more cake same way.
- let both cool completely
- Spread chocolate mousse evenly which we prepared earlier on one layer of cake with angled spatula.
- Cover with other layer and do icing with freshly whipped cream on top of cake and sides.
- make the border with a star tip
- Pour chocolate drip from the top corners to bottom
- place the fondant and Lego men wherever you like.